About the Workshop:
Black Ideas Grant: B.I.G – Bridge and Build 2023 is Now Open!
Get a behind the scenes look at the new grant which is open for both incorporated Non Profits and Charities as well as Unincorporated Community Groups and Collaboratives. A perfect time to submit a grant about your upcoming 2024 project or to expand an already running program to increase your impact in the community.
Overview of the Fund
FFBC’s Black Ideas Grant (B.I.G.) Bridge and Build 2023 is an investment of $8.9 million to acknowledge and support solution-oriented initiatives led by Canada’s Black communities. This inaugural program aims to fund some of the immediate and direct needs of Black communities by providing flexible one-year funding to Black-led, Black-focused, and Black-serving (B3) charitable and non-profit organizations and groups.
More specifically, the B.I.G. Bridge and Build 2023 funding opportunity is to support Black-led, Black-focused, and Black-serving organizations to develop and lead projects where they address one of the three focus areas:
- Combatting Anti-Black Racism
- Improving Social Outcomes
- Improving Economic Outcomes
We will cover the three streams (Core, Catapult and Capital) in three different sessions.
Friday Jan 12th Core Stream: Your organization can apply for up to $40,000 to fund core activities related to operations. For example, staffing, non-staffing, and administrative costs.
Monday Jan 15th Catapult Stream: Eligible organizations and groups can apply for $40,000 to $100,000 to explore new or existing approaches to improving socio-economic well-being in Black communities, including the research, design, piloting, and evaluation of initiatives. For example, A non-profit organization that operates several programs and services wants to produce high-quality videos as part of their communication strategy.
Friday Jan 19th Community Capital: Organizations can apply for up to $250,000 to scale programs, services, or commercialization initiatives. For example, A B3 organization requests funding to advance plans to establish a long-term care home for Black seniors.
Applications will close on February 1st, 2024.
What You Will Learn:
- Overview of the Grant
- How to create a compelling application for the Grant Review Committee
- Tips on how to create a Grant Blueprint
- Initiatives must be:
- Black-led, Black-focused, and Black-serving (B3)
- Address at least one of the key focus areas above and address one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals and Social Determinants of Health
- Be implemented, completed, and have funds spent by March 31, 2025
- Based in Canada
How we help?
- Learn more about the funding opportunity
- Fill out the questionnaire with us
- Start your application process and get it done
- Discuss your project with our grant writer expert and get your questions answered
Virtual Event Details:
- Friday Jan 12th at 6:30 pm focus is on the Core Stream
- Monday Jan 15th at 6:30 pm focus is on the Catapult Stream
- Friday Jan 19th at 6:30 pm is on the Community Capital Stream
Location: Online Via Zoom
Register today to make your grant writing journey easier!
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
You need to register to attend this session.
If you require any accommodations to register or to ensure your full participation in this event, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA CONSENT: Photographs and video recordings may be taken at this event. Your image may be used in printed and electronic publications for promotional and educational purposes and may be made available to the media and other third parties or published on the Internet. By registering for any of our events, you understand and acknowledge that your image may be taken and used at our discretion. If you have concerns about your image being used for these purposes, please send an email to email@example.com