Digital Marketing Assistant
Empowered 4x is a business innovation and co-working space located in Brampton, ON focused on empowering entrepreneurs in a supportive, collaborative, and inclusive community. We are currently seeking an energetic and self-motivated Digital Marketing Assistant interested in being a part of a dynamic startup team. We offer a fast-paced, creative, and community-focused work environment. If you are someone who is self motivated, friendly with a good sense of humour, works well independently and with a team, and wants to help make an impact within our community, then we want you!
Reporting to the HR Coordinator/Manager, the individual will be interacting with our team to bring our vision to life to effectively promote our events and programs. This includes designing, creating, editing, writing, and scheduling various social media assets (Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter).
Position: Digital Marketing Assistant
Reports To: HR Coordinator/Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, propose, create, and design social media content and campaigns using Canva
- Ensure brand consistency when designing posts (style, fonts, image, message, tone)
- Schedule and manage the social media content calendar using Hootsuite and Hubspot
- Write clear marketing copy (captions, description) to promote our events, programs, members, services, etc.
- Generate ideas for new content types
- Evaluate and track performance metrics for produced content on a weekly basis
- Post and promote content on our various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook/Facebook groups, LinkedIn)
- Respond and interact with social media engagement
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Assist in the preparation of reports, newsletters, and other material
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred programs of study: Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications
- Prior digital content marketing experience and or related courses in content writing and/or marketing would be an asset
- Highly creative and organized with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, while managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with design platforms such as Canva and Photoshop would be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office, Google Suite (Drive, Word, Sheets, Docs), and video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams) with the ability to learn new technologies quickly (ex. Hootsuite)
This individual will gain experience working at a growing company in the GTA area. Completion of the internship will allow the individual to develop their time management skills in a fast-growing environment. By working with a community of entrepreneurs, this individual will gain core entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial skills to further their career development.